Hello. My name is Pavel. I am a web architect, a designer and a little bit of a programmer. I started work in the web design industry in 2005, when I built my first commercial website. In 2009 I joined the digital agency Sideshow as a project manager, where I worked on some exciting projects for Conductor.com in NYC, Videoegg and Say Media in San Francisco, the Environmental Agency of Abu Dhabi, PrimeTel in Cyprus, Sport Dog in Greece and others. During 2010 and 2011 I was managing web projects at Digital Agency SNQ Digital, where I was in charge of websites that use open source Drupal CMS. Now I am at ForexTime.com, putting together mission-critical tight-deadline web projects as a team-lead of UX.
I believe in high standards of web design and I am passionate about my work. I don’t mind pulling up my sleeves and doing some nitty gritty coding myself. I bring together clients and development teams to see projects to their successful completion.
2002-now Continuous learning of all aspects related to web design.
2002 MBA (Marketing / Management) Maastricht School of Management.
1999 BSc in Banking. University of Nicosia (ex. Intercollege, Cyprus).
1995 Full secondary education. Moscow, Russia.
2016 - Team lead of Web UX
2014-2015 - Web project Manager / Software development
2013 - 2014 - Web project Manager / Marketing
2011-2013 SNQ Digital (Digital Agency). Producer / manager for web projects.
2009-2011 Sideshow (Digital Agency). Production coordinator for web projects.
2004-2009 Web Design Freelancer.
Before 2009 I worked in FML Ship Management and Amer Shipping Ltd as a purchasing and logistics officer. Earlier I was employed by Volli Holdings Ltd managing logistics and import-export trading accounts.
Web project management
Estimates and proposals
- Defining business needs and technical requirements.
- Preparing budget estimates, scheduling, project proposals and presentations.
- Project kick start, developer briefings, milestone setting, project monitoring and status reporting.
- Internal and outsourced team management and time tracking.
- Guiding clients throughout the project implementation process.
- Setting and managing the client's expectations.
- Using Basecamp as a primary project communication tool.
Other Technical Skills
- iOS & Windows environments.
- Basecamp, Pages, Keynote, Microsoft Office, Google Apps (user & config).
- SVN configuration & deploy management.
- Hosting setup (DNS, site setup, backup procedures, cron management etc).
- LAMP for Mac & PC.
Other web skills
- Understanding business needs & project requirements.
- Converting needs into user flow charts, web structure, layouts & features.
- Wireframing user flow & layouts.
- Experience managing & building with Drupal CMS.
- Drupal configuration, customization, views, module management, updates.
- Configuring Apache SOLR, Varnish, .htaccess, Drush.
- Drupal theme development.
Development & Coding
- HTML5, CSS, Responsive layout adaptation.
- jQuery (designer level), jQuery Mobile.
- Basics of PHP, MySQL db management (SQL Yog, Sequel Pro).
- Newsletter design, coding & testing (MailChimp, Mailigen).
- QA & Performance optimization.
- BigCommerce template theming.